Summer greetings from San Francisco-
It's official- the countdown begins! Colin and I celebrated our 1 year to the wedding on Friday, July 25th by going to a fancy dinner and toasting to our "Nearnniversary" (Colin's original word
for our nearly anniversary). We dined at the famous Gary Danko and dinner was simply delicious. Our dinner included food like Roast Main Lobster with Potato Puree Tomato Corn & Basil and a selection of
cheeses from France, Spain & Tasmania! We enjoyed every moment of our meal and at the end, they surprised us with a plate of desserts with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. Although it took 2 months to get reservations, we couldn't ask for a more special way to celebrate our upcoming wedding.Wedding celebration and preparation continued on our "Nearnniversary" weekend as we traveled to Orinda to meet with our cake bakers. I never thought I'd say this but believe it or not, one can have too much cake. We tried so many cakes, we couldn't tell one flavor from another. But have no fear, we chose our wedding cake and we think you're going to love it! We think you're going to love it so much that you will be feeding one another cake (see pic below for demonstration).
The past couple of weeks have been quite busy but whenever we get stressed, we think of Pop, aka Colin's grandfather. He says the secret to a successful marriage and a happy family is that you are "not only in love with each other, but that you like each other too." Wise words from a wise, kind and loving man.Colin and I hope you are getting excited about our wedding. We can't wait to celebrate our special day with each and every one of you since we not only love you, but we also like you too. =)
Love,


1 comment:
Happy nearnniversary!!!! Can't wait for the cake, I mean your wedding! =)
Post a Comment