Greetings from the Land Down 'Undah!
I know it's been awhile since I've blogged and what better reason to blog than our 1yr anniversary and a trip to beautiful Australia. First of all, thank you for all the love as we celebrated our 1st year of marriage. It was really sad not to be together on July 25th but Colin and I are looking forward to celebrating when he joins me next month.

Snapshot of us at SFO before my flight
Thanks to an international Leader Program, I am in Sydney for a couple of weeks working with our Sales Team on all things YouTube. Colin and I have always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand so this program was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. On my 1st day in Sydney, my dear friend/co-worker/ex-Pat named Stephanie scooped me up from my apartment and showed me around the city.

Meet my friend Stephanie, aka Unofficial Tour Guide
1st stop on the tour - Darling Harbour
2nd Stop on the Tour - The Sydney Office

The view from a conference room - wow, right?
After Stephanie showed me around the office, we headed to her cute neighborhood called Balmain.

We walked across Anza Bridge to get to Balmain

Thank goodness we had sweet Rose to show us the way

We made it safely to Balmain
We hung out at Stephanie's flat for a little while and then we ventured out for dinner. Stephanie's mission was to keep me awake until at least 7pm so that I could start to get over my jetlag. Her plan involved beer and loads of food - mission accomplished. :)

"Christmas in July" at The 3 Weeds Pub & Restaurant in Rozelle

Schooner of a Beer - Check

Loads of Food - Check
P.S. Isn't this the biggest Shepherd's Pie you've ever seen?
I made it back to my apartment by 7:30pm and fell asleep within the hour. Kudos to Steph for keeping me awake and being an outstanding guide. My 1st day in Sydney was great with only thing missing - Captain Awesome. I look forward to the day when I can take pics in this beautiful city with my thoughtful hubby.
Next on the blog agenda - Day 2 in Sydney!
Cheers,
Rosalie


No comments:
Post a Comment